What does it mean to be a Human Capital Consultancy? It means we provide services and expertise about everything to do with people and organisations. It also takes experience and time to become an expert, which is why we have created the perfect stepping stone role for you to gain this much-needed experience, exposure and an awareness of what it takes to become one of our Senior Client Partners.
The Senior Client Partner role allows you to shape how you will interact and grow your expertise in whatever Industry vertical you operate in. For those who haven’t done Executive Search before, it gives you the platform for understanding how we deliver remarkable outcomes for our clients.
You will own projects and assignments from the briefing right through to placing an executive in your client’s organisation. If you are working on an intelligence piece you will manage the Delivery Consultants to help you gather all the research and intelligence you need to provide your client with a fresh awareness of their competitive landscape and how they can triumph in their must-win battle for talent.
Your role will see you working on senior-level search assignments and consulting assignments such as talent mapping/pipelining, gender diversity programmes, leadership assessments, compensation & benefits surveys and market intelligence studies.
Bit by bit we will push you to start identifying, securing and developing your own clients and confidently grow that part of our business.
You will need your passport! Over 70% of the work we do is international so often we have lunch meetings in Paris, dinners in Denmark and flights to Finland. These meetings may see you accompanied by your Managing Client Partner or your Delivery Consultant. We like to make sure the team on any project is there to gain first-hand information on the project they will be involved in.
Our assignments are diverse! We have been asked to identify a person that is better than the one person who has commanded more space shuttle missions than any other human through to finding the most influential women in Energy mega project management. We do this through preparing, sourcing, selecting and managing our projects with precision to produce these remarkable outcomes for our clients.
- Every Senior Client Partner, whether they are predominantly in a delivery role with an existing client or trying to forge a new stream of engagements in a new sector, will have to proactively acquire new business. But you won’t be alone. You will have your Senior/Managing Client Partner to help you be excited and successful at doing this.
- When you are asked to provide a proposal. You will work hand in hand with your Managing Client Partner, the Delivery Consultant and the client to identify the best approach for each client’s need. Partnering is at the core of everything we do to ensure we always Go Beyond.
- Ahead of any briefing with a client you will find out as much about them and their organisation as possible.
- We have learned from the “dummies guide” phenomena and as such we create our own “dummies guide” for each client and each project. It is the best way to truly understand and be aware of the language and workings of our clients.
- Our Marketing function is great at making us look great. You will work with them to create amazing Candidate Briefing and Attraction Packs & Information Documents.
- Remarkable outcomes are about getting the process right. We need you to make sure all the processes and templates for each project have been prepared and executed by the Delivery Team.
- This is where the fun really begins as you get to be the senior detective to find those needles in the haystack that are going to make the greatest impact to our client’s organisations! You will guide and work with your Delivery Consultant to ensure they identify potential sources of information & those amazing executive candidates.
- By utilising networking tools and techniques (that we train you on), you will then gain introductions and recommendations from those senior executives.
- It isn’t just about finding a person - you will be able to gain a huge amount of information from your conversations. You will also gain an intimate and deep awareness of the current market which you will also share with your clients on weekly updates.
- This information will also uncover “gold” – leads from your Delivery Consultant which you will need to follow up and which will grow your network, your influence and your business and relationships with your clients even more.
- When was the last time you got to question how good a senior executive is? Well, this is your chance. You will be trained and then responsible for assessing each candidate that has been identified by your Delivery Consultant that they feel meets the functional criteria. You will take them through our proprietary Competency-Based Assessment Methodology to ultimately deciding if they have what it takes to be on your shortlist.
- Once you have identified those that should be on your shortlist you will then write a report that explains how great they are and even some of the areas you think your client needs to question them on further. Sometimes you may even have to conduct a Psychometric Evaluation of the candidate. After being with us for 6 months you will have the opportunity to be nominated to be trained in this.
- You will then present your findings to your client and they will decide who they would like to take through to their own assessment process.
- Throughout all the client process you will stay close to your candidates. When your client finally picks who they want to offer the job to, you will be on hand to help with all negotiations on salary and package, international moves and anything else your candidate needs to ensure we make their transition from where they are now into their new job as smooth as possible.
- You won’t always work on an Executive Search project. You might have to work on an Intelligence piece across Asia, Americas and Europe trying to find out how Fintech companies structure their risk department! You need to project manage that work with your Delivery Consultant team
- The marketing crew will work with you to create reports demonstrating your findings from the project.
- Finally, you will then have the opportunity to present your findings to the client with your Delivery Consultant as well.
- It is expected that the Delivery Consultant and Senior Client Partner will be in constant dialogue during a Project and a full review of each assignment will be conducted afterward to ensure that lessons are shared internally with all team members.
People who do well at 6 Group are:
- Graduates and/or those who are experienced in the Recruitment sector
- Those confident when talking to people at all levels
- Really organized individuals as they have more time to concentrate on their existing clients and developing new ones
- Culturally aware individuals who have seen and experienced some of what other parts of the world have to offer
- Great on a computer and with social media
- Familiar with data-mining and web-based search techniques – Google is a good start!
- Genuinely interested in the sectors we work in
If you really want to impress us:
- We have a lot of people who speak another language – that is cool
- You will have done business development before and you be able to show us that you enjoy it
- A great competitive base salary
- Quarterly performance related bonus
- Company pension
- Participation in quarterly and annual team incentive scheme – in the past, we have been on ski trips and to Morocco
- 24 days holiday
A typical workday doesn’t exist at 6 Group. One day you could be travelling to Paris and another day you will be in the office all day interviewing. We don’t clock-watch. Instead, we work in a vibrant and collaborative environment where hard work is properly valued and acknowledged.
Let's have a 15-minute chat about life in 6 Group with our Managing Director, James Beazley.
Leave a message for us and we will be in touch soon.